Terms of Service
- Face-to-Face Course Terms and Conditions
- eLearning Course Terms and Conditions
- Equipment Loan Terms and Conditions
- SimShop Terms and Conditions
- Booking Terms and Conditions
Face-to-Face Course Terms and Conditions
eLearning Course Terms and Conditions
The information provided by users of the CSDS website may be used for the purpose of research, quality control and administration.
This information is classified as confidential information. Confidential information may be reproduced in the form of participant progress reports and participant test results.
CSDS reserves the right to provide reports containing confidential information to parties who have a vested interest in the information contained within these reports as it relates to the academic integrity of the course. This information may not be passed on to a third party without the express written permission of the person to whom the information relates.
Access to confidential information may be withdrawn if a party in receipt of confidential information is found to be in breach of this regulation.
Equipment Loan Terms and Conditions
- CSDS is responsible for arranging freight for all equipment when the borrower is unable to collect from CSDS.
- The borrower is responsible for any costs associated with freight, and is required to communicate with CSDS for confirmation of the return of the equipment.
- CSDS will ensure adequate packaging of equipment for freight pick up, borrower is required to adequately package equipment to prevent damage, for return freight.
- Equipment is to be returned in the same condition as received. The borrower is liable for any costs incurred resulting from damage or loss of equipment sustained during the loan period, including time in transit.
- The borrower will not loan CSDS equipment to other parties, without prior consultation and approval from CSDS.
- The borrower accepts the cost/s outlined in the order invoice and will return authorised payment details at least two business days prior to commencement of loan.
- The borrower will adhere to Queensland Health and CSDS policies and regulations.
- The borrower will complete and return the usage log form each time CSDS equipment is used.
- Loan equipment is not to be used for commercial purposes.
- The borrower will exercise all reasonable care when using and handling loan equipment.
- The borrower will not wilfully, recklessly, negligently or unlawfully destroy or damage the loan equipment.
- If equipment is lost, a period of three months to locate the lost equipment will be provided before borrower is charged for the cost of replacing the equipment.
- The borrower must be adequately educated in the safe handling and operation of the loan equipment and ensure all other users are as well.
- The borrower is responsible for ensuring loaned equipment has been tested by their Biomedical Technology Services (BTS) and is in compliance with the relevant Standards including Electrical standards and AS3551.
- CSDS reserves the right to provide 24 hours notice for the recall of equipment during the loan period.
SimShop Terms and Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
- Where circumstances permit, the Queensland Health Skills Development Centre (“SDC”), which is the primary location of the Clinical Skills Development Service (“CSDS”), makes its room facilities available for use by government departments and agencies, industry organisations, scientific, educational, and community bodies and private sector business organisations. Priority will be given to Queensland Health staff at all times.
- The premises are to be used only for the purpose set out in the booking form.
- The CSDS reserves the right to use the remaining part of the SDC building for any other purpose and inspect the room facilities at any time during the period of hire.
- Room facilities are allocated according to the total needs of all Hirers in a given week. All rooms are tentatively allocated and may be changed to other suitable room facilities. Hirers will be advised in writing of any amendments.
- The CSDS accepts and encourages emailed bookings. All bookings will be confirmed in writing.
- The Hirer must not assign or transfer their booking to another person or organisation.
- Unless otherwise agreed by the Bookings Administrator, the Hirer must not exceed the agreed period of hire. Hirers who have not vacated the premises by the specified time and restored the premises to their original condition, including turning off all lights, will be subject to an additional charge of $50.00 for each hour on a pro rata basis until such time as the room facilities are returned to their original condition.
- The completion of this booking form is acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein. Any breach of these terms and conditions may result in the expulsion of the Hirer or any participant, or immediate termination of the booking.
- The CSDS reserves the right to refuse any booking request without providing reasons for the refusal.
- Fees apply to the use of the room facilities and services. Rates are subject to confirmation at the time of the booking.
- The minimum charge for room bookings is the half-day rate (four hours before or after midday). In all other cases the full-day rate will apply.
- The Hirer is required to confirm acceptance of the CSDS quote at the time of booking. The Hirer must also provide their credit card or provider cost centre to secure the booking for the period of hire.
- The CSDS reserves the right to apply additional charges to the final invoice in the event resources are required during the period of hire not requested by the Hirer on the booking form. Any additional charges applied to the final payment will be communicated to the Hirer by CSDS.
- Payment for the period of hire is required by the Hirer within three (3) business days of receipt of a taxation invoice.
- The Hirer is responsible for confirming an appointment with the Bookings Administrator for any necessary advice or training with respect to the equipment. Competent operation of audiovisual and any other equipment used in the room facilities is the responsibility of the Hirer. Hirers not complying with this condition will be responsible for, and be charged for, any damage/replacement/repair costs.
- The Hirer must immediately inform CSDS staff of any equipment fault during the period of hire.
- The Hirer must inform CSDS staff of all clinical room requirements.
- The Hirer must inform CSDS staff of their seating plan preference.
- The Hirer must seek the permission of the Executive Director CSDS via the Bookings Administrator prior to the period of hire for the purpose of displaying any signs on or outside the premises. This includes, but is not limited to, pull‐ups, posters, promotional material, brochures, and gifts.
- The Hirer must remove any items not belonging to the SDC from the rooms they have occupied. Goods left on the premise after the period of hire will be deemed abandoned unless notified otherwise by the Hire and agreed to by the CSDS
- Where catering is requested by the Hirer, a catering request form must be submitted. Catering requirements and/or changes must be received no later than five (5) days prior the period of hire.
- Consumption of food is to be in the designated meal break areas only.
Occupational Health & Safety
- The Hirer and their participants are required to sign in and receive a visitor pass at the reception desk on arrival, except where the Hirer operates a conference registration desk and conference participants are identified while on the premises. In this case, the Hirer must give a full list of participants to the reception desk the morning of the period of hire.
- Hirers and their participants using the room facilities must comply with Royal Brisbane and Woman’s Hospital security, and CSDS occupational health and safety requirements at all times.
- The Hirer or their participants must not leave the room facilities area and enter other areas of the SDC.
- Hirers are expected to ensure that all participants are aware of and comply with relevant CSDS policies and requirements, including emergency evacuation procedures.
- Under no circumstances shall electrical equipment be brought into the SDC that has not been tested and tagged by a licensed electrician. Testing and tagging of electrical items may be organised through the CSDS by providing no less than seven (7) days notice prior to the period of hire.
- Equipment, materials and substances that may adversely affect the health and safety of the Hirer or their participants or other persons within the SDC, are not to be brought on site.
- Actions of the Hirer or their participants must not unduly inconvenience other users or cause damage to the SDC, its equipment, walls or fittings. Any Hirer or their participants not complying with this condition will be requested to immediately vacate the SDC by security.
- The Hirer must not exceed the capacity limitations of the venue.
- The Hirer and their participants must follow Workplace Health and Safety directions by CSDS staff at all times. In particular, the Hirer and their participants must follow the directions of the fire safety warden in the event of a fire.
- If the period of hire is outside normal working hours, a fee for CSDS staff will be incurred.
- A fee for security staff may be required if the period of hire is outside the normal SDC business hours.
- Access to the SDC outside normal business hours to setup, move, or dismantle displays and equipment may be available by special arrangement with the Booking Administrator.
- All changes to the booking of the room facilities must be provided at least one (1) week in advance to ensure they can be accommodated by CSDS staff.
- The CSDS reserves the right to charge for late notification of cancellation.
- Where notification of cancellation is received by the CSDS less than seven (7) working days prior to the period of hire, the Hirer shall be liable for 50% of the quoted costs for the period of hire. Where notification of cancellation is received by the CSDS less than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the period of hire, the Hirer shall be liable for 100% of the quoted costs for the period of hire.
- The CSDS reserves the right to cancel any reservation up until two (2) months prior to the booking date and return all moneys paid by the Hirer without any claim against the CSDS.
- Where notification of cancellation for an after hours booking is received by the CSDS less than fourteen (14) working days prior to the period of hire, the Hirer shall be liable for 50% of the quoted costs for the period of hire. Where notification of cancellation is received by the CSDS less than seven (7) working days prior to the period of hire, the Hirer shall be liable for 100% of the quoted costs for the period of hire.
- Where a booking has been through an approval process and received permission from an appropriate delegate for a discount, the Hirer is permitted one reschedule of that booking at the quoted costs. Thereafter, a reschedule or cancellation of the booking will be charged at full rate.
- Whiteboards are to be left clean. Room facilities are to be left clean and tidy.
- The CSDS reserves the right to charge the Hirer for any costs to return the room facilities to their original condition, with the exception of fair wear and tear.
- A bond may be required to be paid by the Hirer in advance of the period of hire. Any charges may be deducted from the bond prior to the balance being refunded to the Hirer.
- The CSDS will not be held responsible for delays, postponements or cancellations of any booking due to unforeseen circumstances and technical difficulties beyond the control of the CSDS. In particular, charges incurred for the period of hire will not be waived due to unforeseen circumstances and technical difficulties beyond the control of the CSDS.
- The CSDS will not be liable for any effect to lighting, power or access beyond its control.
- Your privacy is important to us. The CSDS will not disclose your personal information to any third party (other than to our contractors or agents involved in providing you with products or services you have requested) unless you have consented to such disclosure or we are required or authorised by law.
- Parking is available in the Wilson Carpark on Herston Road. Parking may be charged at a reduced rate after having your parking ticket stamped by CSDS reception staff. The CSDS does not accept responsibility for any fines/tickets/towing/damage to your vehicle if you choose to park on the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital grounds.
- Queensland Health supports a non‐smoking policy. Strict adherence to this policy is observed with no smoking permitted in any buildings or anywhere within the grounds of the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
- Any dispute relating to the operation or interpretation of these terms and conditions will be submitted to and determined finally and conclusively by the Executive Director CSDS.
CSDS is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality and security of personal information provided by you to us. The personal information you provide on this website will be used by CSDS to:
- Process your course registrations or bookings, which may include updating your record and profile information.
- Contact you in the event of cancellation.
- Conduct analysis or market research to identify the ongoing needs of registrants and users.
- Provide you with access to information about a range of current, future, associated courses or events administered by CSDS.
CSDS may disclose the personal information which you provide to external service providers to whom we have contracted out functions such as printers and mailing houses, but only for the purpose outlined above. You have a right to access any personal information which CSDS holds about you (subject to the exceptions in the Information Privacy Act 2009) - please contact us if you would like to do so.
To protect your privacy CSDS staff follow nine privacy principles. The principles deal with how we collect and handle your personal information. They are set out in the Information Privacy Act 2009.
© Metro North Hospital and Health Service through the Clinical Skills Development Service (CSDS) 2003 - 2017
All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be removed, altered or tampered by any person except by those persons lawfully authorised by Clinical Skills Development Service. Any unauthorised use, access, alteration or corruption of any material on this internet site is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action and constitute a criminal offence punishable by penalty or imprisonment.
The information and materials on this site is published by the Clinical Skills Development Service for and on behalf of the State of Queensland through Queensland Health. It is provided as an information source only to users. It is provided solely on the basis that users will be responsible for making their own assessment of the matters presented herein and users are advised to verify all relevant information.
The information does not constitute professional advice and should not be relied on as such. Users should seek formal advice from appropriate advisers in particular matters. While Queensland Health has made every effort to ensure the information on this site is accurate and current, it makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy, completeness, comprehensiveness, and currency of this information.
The information on this site is subject to change without notice. Users of this site should see it as their responsibility to periodically access and review the site for any changes made to the information. In no event shall Queensland Health be liable (including liability for negligence) for any loss or damage (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, punitive, special, or consequential) whatsoever arising out of a person's use of, reliance on, access to, or inability to use or access this site (including any information on this site) or any website linked to this site.
Despite best efforts, Queensland Health does not warrant that it will provide uninterrupted access at all times to this site or any websites linked to this site nor that this site will be free from errors, defects, transmission of viruses, or other contamination that may corrupt or damage software and equipment.
Third Party Site Links
This site includes links to third party sites and access to third party site materials and online applications. These links, materials, and applications are provided for the convenience of users. The links, materials, and applications have been included because the content and the materials, as reviewed by Queensland Health, is deemed to offer appropriate information and materials associated with Queensland Health's functions and operations.
The content and materials on third party sites is not created, controlled, or approved by Queensland Health and no responsibility is taken for the consequences of accessing, viewing, or using such third party site material and applications. Provision of these links, materials, and applications does not constitute endorsement or support by Queensland Health for the information, products, and services available on third party sites nor does it require (subject to any contractual arrangement) any affiliation by Queensland Health with the persons operating or controlling such third party sites.
Queensland Health makes no representations as to the completeness, comprehensiveness, and accuracy of third party linked sites, materials and applications nor that such sites, materials and applications will be free from errors, defects, or transmission of viruses or other contamination which may corrupt or damage software and equipment.